Saturday, January 25, 2014

Why an acting career is not conducive to a happy home life

First of all, the acting profession generally recognizes no moral code, and a home life without a moral code will not be happy. Second, actors are actors; they are skilled at pretending to be what they are not. My wife is not a actress, so when she speaks terms of endearment, I generally can believe she means them (unless her teeth are clenched). Third, acting tends to be one of those all-consuming professions that demand such a large portion of the individual's time that there is little time and energy left for home. There are other reasons, but those are three.

I never desired for my children to enter any of the performing arts for these reasons. They are not famous, but they are a lot happier.

1 comment:

Rebekah Sacran said...

The girls and I were just talking about this very thing.