Thursday, January 02, 2014

My (and Fibber McGee's) philosophy on stomach aches

Molly: No, the doctor is still out on calls, McGee. His nurse will phone us when she finds him.
FIBBER:
Fibber: He'd better sew up whoever he's workin' on and get over here. I know what it is this time, Molly. It's my appendix. You usually claim it's just something I ate, but this time, you gotta admit that I...
MOLLY:
Molly: Hey, speaking of something you ate, just what DID you eat last night after I went to bed? I heard you prowling around downstairs.
FIBBER:
Fibber: Last night? Hmmm... light snack, something to help me sleep. A bowl of chili, a couple of franks, half a jar of Uncle Will Mills' corn relish, a banana with peanut butter...
MOLLY:
Molly: Heavenly days!
FIBBER:
Fibber: Well, a sick man has gotta keep up his strength, Molly. When you're sick, you gotta humor those cravings for food, build up your resistance.
(From "McGee's Stomach Ache," broadcast 3 October 1950)

No comments: